Monday, November 12, 2012

The squirrels are fighting again.

Dearest Alnoncetta,
     As ever, it has been so long! It is cold and chilly as I ride in my carriage, to the collegiate and write you this note. I can hear the little tree rats chattering over buried acorns. They sound so angry in the early rays of dawn peaking over the dew covered hillside.
     Now, my dear sister, you might want to sit down for the news. The shock is almost overwhelming. Jimina has abandoned her post on my lovely estate! She left a small note (covered in tears of course) telling me of her departure. Here, I shall copy it over to you.
                       
The message goes on, Alononcetta but I am respecting her wishes. I will send a balloon for her in a years time. This place simply can not function without her. I will be sure to be more stingy in the future! Perhaps this is all for the best. I am pleased to announce the purchase of new property in Oregante. It is a temporary lodging but our sister Phoebus is in need of medical attention. You see, her heart has been twitterpated far too many times and she has grown weak. I intend to give her a severe dose of the shock treatment when I arrive in during the twelfth moon. It is good for one to be doused in chilly water early every morning. Poor little Phoebus. 
     Now my dear Alnoncetta, you may be wondering just what I am doing with my previous property. I shall tell you. This young girl, who spends her time scrubbing fabric in a sewing factory, has always desired to be a princess. I discovered Ambrana singing to all the little birdies out in the meadows one day. She was trying to twirl around in this dress that was not much more that potato sacks sewn together. She kept singing the strangest words, "I'm a little princess, hear my sound. This is my long dress and heres how I pout. When I get all steamed up then I shout. Make me a cake and I shall calm down." What a perfect little prodigy I say! So currently she is enrolled in the princess academy and working very hard to balance ten books on her head. I won't be impressed until she reaches fifteen!
     Kat has done such an excellent job in assisting Ambrana's schooling. I fear they will get along far too well in my absence. I found the two of them absolutely covered in chocolate when they came home for the weekend. It was a most appalling set back. Upon my life I would never have joined such a show! I scolded the headmistress most thoroughly and she is keeping a closer eye on them. They have progressed much since then. Everyone needs a little discipline in life!
    When I leave my estate in their care and travel to Oregante, I will be in pursuit of more knowledge. I intend to observe and calculate the way human beings behave. It almost sounds like philanthropy except that I actually go and see what is happening in the world and make changes, instead of eating a bucket of books for breakfast! You will be so proud! By the by, I do love hearing of your escapades to Alaskatan! Do give Jimina my best wishes and a bucket of cabbage. She did love cabbage so.

May the rain plop on your head,

Queen Chaltreste the Very First.

No comments:

Post a Comment