Thursday, November 1, 2012

Practical

My Dear Sister Chaltreste,

I only have a few short minutes to write to you before the dreaded hour of midnight, and so this letter shall be a short one. Oh the tales our nurse maid used to tell us to make sure we were home safe in our beds before the clock struck 12. Even tho I am now to old to believe such things, I still shudder at the thought of my splendid coach turning into a pumpkin and my glorious one of a kind gowns turning into the clothing of commoners. Gives me the chills just thinking of it. 

As you know I am now in the land know as Alaskette. It's beauty (on a sunny day) far surpasses anything I have see as of yet on my travels. In the short time I have been here my vocabulary has already been expanded. Here in Alaskette there is a word i have often heard; practical. (It must be a native word, I surely never heard it spoken in Selatten). I have come to believe it is a word only used when people such as I visit, and it is reserved for clothing, shoes, and accessories. Often when the natives here are speaking to me, or referring to my wardrobe, they use another form of the word, unpractical. Dear sister i'm afraid that I have a lot to learn if I am to stay here, but I know it shall be an adventure like non I have ever had before!

Oh yes I also mean to tell you of the delightful welcome i received here. Upon the landing of my private jet I was greeted by a large number of dear people and I was given a gift. Chaltreste the gift was a food so delicious and wonderful, they call them pop tarts. Have you ever heard of these?

Sleep well my dear sister,
Love,
Alnoncetta 

1 comment:

  1. Oh this gave me giggles in my tummy this morning! Glad you made it safely!

    ReplyDelete